Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving & Winterfest 2008

So much to blog about and never enough time, so I'm lumping a few together!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and a blessed start to the Holiday Season!! On Thanksgiving Day I joined my parents at my Uncle Ed and Aunt Dot's home to celebrate the holiday with family. My sister and Ben were spending Thanksgiving Day with Ben's family in Parma. I had a great Thanksgiving sitting around visiting and chatting with family. It's always good to see them! We had good food which is a must for Thanksgiving Day! :)

On Friday I joined a few people from my co-ed softball team to play in our annual Turkey Bowl football game! It's always fun but extremely exhausting as I am completely out of shape! lol! Ugh the running and catching and more running is way too much for my old body! :) After the game we headed over to the Winking Lizard in Lakewood for good food and spirits and of course, Cornhole!! So much fun! I slept good that night!

On Saturday I went to Cleveland with my sister, Ben, my sisters co-workers Jen and Heather and their husbands, my cousin Kim and her husband Dave to see the lighting of the "Holiday" tree in Public Square. They have a parade as well (which was wayyy to long for my liking)! It was cold but that was my fault as I did not dress properly. I didn't think it was going to last as long as it did and I didn't think it was suppose to get as cold as it did. Either did a few others in our group as I wasn't the only one who was super cold! :) After the festivities we went to Quaker Steak & Lube for dinner! Here are a few pictures from the festivities downtown:

Christmas Tree inside Tower City

Public Square

Jen & Lisa - Co-workers

Heather, Jen & Lisa - Co-workers

Ben

Lisa and I

Lisa & Ben

Group shot

Kim & Dave

there is a tree in this picture all lit up

scary puppets

Slider

Hippogriff - from Harry Potter

Santa Claus

Fireworks

On Sunday we headed to Seville for Thanksgiving with the Belle's!! We went to church first and then over to Mom and Dad's for some family time! It was nice to hang out and relax. We watched football (ugh) and other things! Lisa had a few straggling baby shower gifts to open from people who couldn't make it to the shower so she opened them! Since we all had already had a big Thanksgiving Day feast we decided to have a very non-traditional Thanksgiving meal! We ordered food from Geppetto's!! YAY! Pizza, wings, ribs!!! MMMM! Lisa made her green bean casserole thing and we had traditional desserts which were great! Here are a few pictures from the day!

Mom and Dad ordering Thanksgiving dinner
:)

Lisa & Ben

Opening gifts

still not sure what is sooo funny

cute onesie for daddy!

her first Vera Bradley bag from the Lieser's - she is stylin' now!

gifts inside too

we broke out the good stuff for this festive meal :)

I hope everyone who is reading this had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with their family and friends!! Happy Holidays everyone!!

No comments: