Thursday, October 16, 2008

Party Fit For A Princess!!!!

I had hoped to get to this post earlier in the week but thing have been a little on the hectic side. On Saturday 10/11, we gathered to celebrate my god daughter, Catelyn Clare's, 3rd Birthday!

On Monday 10/13, Catelyn officially turned 3 years of age and I couldn't help but think back to the first moment I saw her. Jill was 36 weeks pregnant and I wasn't expecting a phone call from her for another few weeks at the earliest. I was sitting at my desk at work and the phone rang and I didn't recognize the number so I answered and to my astonishment it was Jill. She had already made it clear that she did not want anyone to know when she was in labor so I knew when I got the call it would be after she delievered. :) She was calling from Akron General Hospital and announced to me that she given birth in the wee hours of the morning. I was shocked, excited and more excited to hear what she had. We had all speculated that she was having a boy and when she announced "GIRL" I couldn't believe it. I was so excited to meet this little girl! Of course I ran out on my lunch break as the hospital isn't far from my work. When I arrived they were attempting to feed so I waited and when I was finally able to go in and hold her, I didn't want to put her down. Of course there were other people there who wanted to meet her so I let her go. :) I told them I would be back later in the evening if that was OK and they said "absolutely". I came back and spent probably way too long with this precious girl and my amazing friends who were now parents! Crazy! While I was there, they both asked me to be Catelyn's Godmother! I was so overwhelmed with emotion inside; I knew I would be the proudest Godmother ever! Catelyn has been such a joy in my life these past 3 years and I am so blessed to have her in my life! (i say this often....) She has taught me so much and I know we will always be very close! I look forward to watching her grow over the years and hearing about school, friends, boys, etc. Catelyn, I am so proud of you and I Love You so much! May you never forget the Love that surrounds you each and every day!

Below are a few pictures of Catleyn on her true BIRTH-day, 3 years ago, and then pictures from her party just a few days ago!

Then......

Now.......

princess hat in hand, down the slide we go


another slide

Ben grabbing the princess hat that she sent down before herself

realizing some silly guy was wearing her hat

oh my, you're not a girl nor are you the princess

waiting patiently for her friends to join her for birthday food

MMM, PIZZA!!

Mummy wrap game....Andy & Mike (godfather) were good sports

Mike watching the kids wrap him in TP

who is under all that TP.....you guessed it, Andy

Mike still being worked on

Mike and Andy get together for a picture

Mummies and the kids

trying to scare the kids?!?!

Let's open PRESENTS!!!

Catelyn had some help in opening her gifts....hehe

A cake fit for a Princess....so beautiful

eating the frosting off Cinderella

getting icing off of Mike's nose...he's a silly godfather

no cake for Connor but instead yummy green beans

Ben & Connor (getting in some practice)

Adorable picture of Connor & Lisa

Andy and I back at their house after the party

No comments: